Every Tuesday I get to leave work for an hour and go read with two first grade girls at a local school near our office. My company sponsors the Family Resource Center at the school, and this is just another reason I love my job. It makes my day to see these sweet girls and help them get their reading skills up to par. They are doing so well!
Today, there were so many funny things said, I just had to jot them down real quick before I forget. Between the two of them, in a combined 50 minutes, we talked about the following (and so much more):
- I love Halloween at school. We are going to have ghosteses in the trees!
- My mom is having a baby. If it’s a girl, I’ll be a big sister. If it’s a boy, I’ll be a big brother.
- What’s wrong with your hair?
- Give me that bubblegum. (Referring to the gum in my mouth).
- Who is that on your phone cover?
Who is that baby?
That’s his kid, Brantley.
Nope – his.
You aren’t a baby momma?
- I had a sleepover last week. We ate chips that glow in the dark.
- Do you know what I means?
Yes – it’s like this! (pokes me in the eye).
Never a dull moment.